Finding the Best Criminal Defense Attorney in Houston
If you are suspected of a criminal offense and have been the subject of a Harris County Arrest it is likely you are stressed, confused, frightened and anxious about your future. Although there are some individuals who attempt to defend themselves, believing they can do whatever an attorney can do, this is virtually never a good idea. Having an experienced Houston Criminal Defense Attorney by your side from start to finish can literally make all the difference in the world in the outcome of your charges.
While a Harris County District Attorney is unlikely to discuss a plea deal with you, he or she will discuss a deal with your criminal lawyer in Houston, Texas. In short, if you want to avoid Harris County Jail and Harris County Criminal Records it is essential that you contact the best criminal defense attorney in Harris County to defend your charges. It is understandable that it can be very difficult to even think of hiring a Houston Criminal Lawyer when you have just been charged with a criminal offense. Whether you have been charged with a DWI in Texas or another criminal offense, do not wait.
You may have many questions—How much does a lawyer cost? How do you find an attorney? Which attorney is the Best Criminal Defense Attorney? Is a DUI a felony in Texas? If you were charged with DWI, what about ALR hearings? Could there be problems with the breathalyzer tests? Should you have taken the field sobriety tests? Your experienced Houston Criminal Lawyer from the law firm of Sullo & Sullo can help you through this difficult time.
As one of the premier criminal law firms, we will work hard on your behalf to minimize the long-term consequences of your criminal charges. A knowledgeable Sullo & Sullo Houston Criminal Lawyer will thoroughly assess your unique situation, then help you choose the best options going forward. Call an experienced Houston Criminal Defense Attorney from Sullo & Sullo—in April of 2019, Sullo & Sullo ranked #1 on Yelp’s List of the Best 10 Lawyers in Houston.
How Do I Find the Best Criminal Defense Attorney Near Me? Perhaps you already understand the importance of having a highly skilled Houston Criminal Defense Attorney in your corner when you are facing criminal charges but are unsure of how to go about hiring an attorney. Certainly not all lawyers are created equal and finding the best Houston Criminal Defense Lawyer can make the difference when it comes to putting up the very best defense on your behalf. To ensure you are represented in the very best light when you go to court or when a plea is being negotiated consider the following:
- Responsiveness is crucial—If you have been charged with a Harris County criminal offense, time is of the essence. Time lost can mean a case lost, and your Houston Criminal Defense Attorney can best serve you by getting to work on your case immediately. An Houston Criminal Attorney who is quick to answer your phone call or email will likely be responsive throughout the case.
- You want a Houston Criminal Attorney who is experienced both in criminal law and in the local courts. The attorney who has a network of local connections and local relationships is the attorney who will best be able to help you face your criminal charges.
- The Best Houston Criminal Defense Attorney for your criminal charges will have a good reputation locally as well as on the Internet—a professional website, a list containing educational attainments and accolades, and good reviews by former clients.
- While the Best Houston Criminal Defense Attorney may not know the exact answer to every question right off the top of his or her head, they will know the basics of most common crimes and will be able to fully explain the potential penalties for the charges against you. In other words, the best Houston Criminal Defense Attorney has a level of familiarity with Texas laws that shines through—and will help you get through your charges in the best way possible.
- Ask about billing—the Best Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys don’t want confusion about their bill and can explain in very simple terms how they bill while giving you a good idea of what you can expect regarding their fees and the approximate total cost for your defense. If you need a Houston Criminal Defense Lawyer with payment plans, do not hesitate to ask about this.
- Experience definitely matters, however you want to choose a Houston Criminal Lawyer who also has a sincere interest in their work and is able to articulate the choice they feel would be in your best interest—and why.
- Finally, you will want to be sure that you choose a Houston Criminal Defense Lawyer who is a highly experienced negotiator yet who also is an aggressive litigator. Courtroom confidence is essential in a fast-moving trial. Your Houston Criminal Attorney could have only seconds to make an objection which could potentially impact the outcome of your case.
While this may seem like an overwhelming list, remember how much you have on the line—your life, your freedom, your future. It is definitely worth the time and effort to find the very best Houston criminal defense attorney—one who will work hard to help you avoid Harris County Jail and Harris County Criminal Records. In the end, however, trust your instincts. If you just do not “click” with an attorney, move on.
You will be spending a considerable amount of time with your chosen attorney and it is essential that you feel comfortable with the attorney as well as feel a level of trust in the attorney and his or her ability to get you through your criminal charges. At Sullo & Sullo, we believe in our clients and we truly care about their future. We will do the same for you, whether you have been charged with a DWI in Texas or another criminal offense. Do not try to face your criminal charges on your own—call a Houston Criminal Lawyer at Sullo & Sullo today.